Wednesday, September 23, 2009

YOU TOLE HARPO TO BEAT ME



Shug: More than anything God love admiration.
Celie: You saying God is vain?
Shug: No, not vain, just wanting to share a good thing. I think it pisses God off when you walk by the colour purple in a field and don't notice it.
Celie: You saying it just wanna be loved like it say in the bible?
Shug: Yeah, Celie. Everything wanna be loved. Us sing and dance, and holla just wanting to be loved. Look at them trees. Notice how the trees do everything people do to get attention... except walk?


If you're a black woman born anytime after the 80's then you have the color purple memorized verbatim and you can reenact scenes with your female friends and family members you might even often use a direct quote from the movie to express yourself time and time again or maybe that is just my reality...anyway I decided that I wanted to post the two songs from the color purple that make my heart sing.

This is the first song:


The 2nd song is the first church scene ever made that captured the true essence of what a black shotgun church is really like and the scene always ALWAYS makes me pause and get that well-up want to cry feeling and sometimes I even do cry involuntarily if you can't feel this scene I'm sorry to tell you, you just might be dead. If I can still be moved by gospel music and church scenes I know I ain't too far gone from his presence but that's a whole different post. Get ready to get your shout, praise, cry on my absolute best loved scene from the color purple "God is tryna tell you something".