Tuesday, August 18, 2009

BLACK WOMEN 0 - WORLD 1000+


So this statistic that dogs my heels, the one that says Marriage eludes high-achieving black women, that if you're over 30 black single educated hell even with no college degree after 30 if you want kids and a hubby you sitting at the top of that slope that leads to no marriage-ville its not in the cards for you because black men "outmarry" that is my new favorite word and because black women are considered in this society aesthetically undesirable compared to other races so not all other race men are even that interested in black women you have a few that get down with the swirl but by and large black women are largely ignored by and large. So we get to sit on the shelf and grow old and dusty as women from other races get snapped up time and time again.

I am so very tired of society as a whole shitting on black women, I am tired of being overlooked because I'm not light enough, not European/Asian/mixed or "exotic" looking enough to be deemed worthy of value in this society and in the eyes of men. The whole world has been mindfucked into thinking that you have to look a certain way and have a certain look in order for you to be considered desirable and if you don't think it's true look at all the chicks that sing, act, or walk the red carpet on the arms of men with money. I have resigned myself to the fact that realistically I won't be getting married, nor having children because I don't want to be a single mother struggling on my own to raise a child that I didn't make by myself. Unless I get a sudden huge amount of cash to fall in my lap then I might consider going the turkey baster route and picking out some designer sperm like the rest of hollyweird and the affluent but I digress. I don't even think I have anything else to give emotionally behind this topic I'm numb to it. I don't feel anything now I just feel like my thoughts on marriage/love/relationships have been validated time and time again and the chaces for black women are nonexistent when it comes to the love department and will continue to be so as the years progress. All the smart, well educated, talented 10th black women will die leaving no legacy to pass down to their children because they won't have any what a joyous world we live in (sarcasm). We have come so far but lost much and I am writing to the dark cause y'all don't hear me though....

READ THE DEPRESSING ARTICLE IN ITS ENTIRETY HERE