Friday, January 22, 2010

LEGION, MY THOUGHTS



So I saw the movie Legion and these are my thoughts on it.

First and foremost its not a horror movie unless you think apocalyptic killer angels sent from heaven to exterminate the human population is horror then yea feel free to call it that. This movie is one of those movies that shows you the juiciest bits in the trailers the "scare drama" to get the butts in the seats but really this movie is one to make you ponder mans existence and just what the hell we are doing in this day and age and with out time here on earth. I call it a big ole wake the hell up P.S.A someone in Hollyweird is trying to spread the gospel one movie at a time. I don't have a problem with it as with everything you aren't forced to see this movie but don't go looking for a scare feast because this movie is not that. Of course Tyrese and Charles S Dutton don't make it out alive but that is not a shocker now is it!



The most memorable line from the movie for me is when the Archangel Michale tell's Gabriel, "I am giving HIM what he needs, and you are giving HIM what he asked for." I paraphrased the line of course but that line for some reason just stuck with me. I don't have any strong feelings about this movie most likely I will get it on DVD and watch it again and just really absorb what it is the movie is truly trying to convey but thats what I do with everything. Anywho I can't make a recommendation about this movie if you feel compelled to see it listen to your inner voice the movie is calling you for a reason other than that...

That's it, that's all I got for you enjoy your weekend and don't cupcake too tough in this rain remember things ALWAYS look different in the sunlight!

Photos courtesy of COLLIDER.COM