Wednesday, December 23, 2009

TAKING OTHER CLOTHING AVENUES

(I decided to use a picture of fred flintstone because my dad claims I have fred flintstone feet, but he should know since thanks to him and my mom whom both have wide feet I have wide feet as well so thanks mom and dad for the curse of the flintstone feet)

Once again I have a complaint about a retailer whom claims that they cater to a wide width foot customer and once again I have found that not to be the case. This time the retailer Avenue has the misfortune of being in the spotlight of shame, not only for blatantly selling boots that are clearly not wide width friendly but for there shoddy return policies as well. Why is that retailers that cater to a plus sized demographic feel it is perfectly okay to sell merchandise that is substandard and sub-par at best? Why is it I am the only one on the planet that is bothered by this?

You can call it what you want but unless you are like me who is genetically wired to have wide feet then you simply don't understand where I am coming from. Men shoes are generally made wider but women clothes and shoes are always cut smaller and narrower. Which makes it triple hard for me to find decent shoes in my width that are comfortable, and look decent on my feet. If I knew how to make shoes I would put all these retailers to shame by making fashionable, comfortable, sexy, truly wide width shoes. Why do I have to pay an arm and a leg for shoes that may or may not fit me and then lose tons of money on shipping and handling. Its like being double screwed I wished someone in retail would get it and change the shoe game up. I guess my pleas are falling on deaf ears and no one understands my issue but myself. I am more than frustrated and fed up with retailers and their funky shoe issues. But everything has a lesson in it unfortunately this narrows the places I have to shop at shoe wise and I would advise any woman that shops at the avenue online DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING ONLINE FROM THEM you will lose your shipping and handling fees and you will be charged a shipping fee to return your items as well how is that customer satisfaction?

I am so disgusted and ill over losing the little bit of many I do have on these boots which I only ordered because they were on sale but I paid for express shipping and handling to be able to get them before Christmas not only do I lose shipping and handling but they are going to charge me a fee to send them back as well, maybe its just me but that doesn't sound right nor does that feel like a good business practice to me. Not only were these boots clearly not wide width but they also are costing me money to ship them back and forth its like I can't win for losing. Maybe I should just go bare foot then I won't have to worry about trying to find any wide width shoe.

I'm disgusted but I am resilient I will try and not let it put a damper on my holidays which wasn't shaping up to be that bright any damn way. I Really feel like decking someone in their fa-la-la-la so the present I bought for myself turned out to be a lump of coal after all. I could have spent that money on something greater or someone else. I feel some kind of way about this little incident. I hope everyone else's holidays goes well cause this shit right here is for the birds.

To see the boots and the reviews for them to know what I'm talking about they shall be under this post so scroll down if you're interested. I won't even try and start a campaign because people don't care until it happens to them but I just thought I would mention it and hopefully it won't happen to someone else as well.