Sunday, September 20, 2009

SNAPSHOTS ARE NOT THE WHOLE PICTURE


I want start out by saying I appreciate the people that come here and read what I write especially those that have been here from the very beginning. I didn't even know what blogs were really I just knew that I loved to write and it seemed like a cool idea to have an electronic journal some where, where you could vent and voice your opinion about things. Since I always seem to have an opinion about something this seemed like the perfect thing for me. Then I found out people actually make money off their blogs I was like wow maybe I could do that as well.

But I don't think people realize how hard it is to open yourself up in this world and put yourself out there. Sometimes I am having a hard day or just going through something(s) so I write it out and I get it out of my system once I do that I can move on or put it in better perspective. Its just a SNAPSHOT of my life not the whole big picture. I give you snapshots and some people think its a whole book. They taking pages from this book thinking they know me and running with it. These very people have never even bothered to hold a conversation with me or ask me about my feelings they just read something and run with it and then they think they know me and my whole situation which couldn't be farther from the truth. I have relatives who have never even sat down and just really talked with me in-depth but I bet they think they know me pretty well.

Yes I know I take a risk writing things down and having them judged but walking down the street, wearing my hair a certain way, wearing certain clothes, being around certain people, just being a black woman I am judged everyday not by the content of my character but by my very appearance. You don't have to know me to judge me and many people do that. It is so easy to read something and form an opinion when you don't know the whole story just a snapshot. But I like writing I like having this blog and if no one read it I would still write it. I like having a small intimate group of readers.

I appreciate when people leave comments I really do but the people who are anonymous and don't sign their comments and just leave shitty things in the comment sections are cowards. People who use anonymity to bash other people are weak minded people if you're going to be an asshole leave your name and a way to get back in contact with you so that a person may reply in kind. Don't just blog hit and run that's cowardly you big and bold enough to comment be big and bold enough to get a response. I do my best to respond to all comments unless its just a general one so if you leave a comment know that I reply to them each and every time.

Before anyone reads into this and thinks I'm speaking specifically at them I am not. I have wanted to say this for a long time and never have gotten around to it this was something that was weighing on my mind and had to be written out.