Thursday, November 11, 2010

MY GRATEFUL LIST, WHAT'S ON YOURS?

Today I thought to myself why not start a Grateful list, you may not be where you want to be or have what you think you should have but it could always be much worst. If you think this is a great idea feel free to pass it around the world, or don't lol freedom of choice always. So here goes my Grateful list.







Chrisette Michelle is giving me everything I need in this song, Love love LOVE her. Official new theme song for myself!

Today I thought to myself why not start a Grateful list, you may not be where you want to be or have what you think you should have but it could always be much worst. If you think this is a great idea feel free to pass it around the world, or don't lol freedom of choice always. So here goes my Grateful list.

  • I am so Grateful for the following things in my life:
  • Family, even when they are getting on my nerves I still love them and wouldn't be who I am without them.
  • Friends and acquittance's, without these people I wouldn't be able to grow and share and learn valuable lessons, about love and life
  • Niece and Nephews, I love the fact that in spite of the things they face daily these are overall healthy happy thriving kids, and they are all smart and dynamically awesome, did I mention how smart they were!!!
  • Health, being able to wake up everyday and jump out of bed and turn my swag on lol, I appreciate every breath I take and joint and ligiment that is intact and allows me to get around without assistance, praise God for that.
  • Faith, some days I felt alone and wondered if the most high even knew I was alive, but lately I have felt him all in my spirit and Its a most incredible feeling better than any you could ever feel, have you tried some Jesus today?
  • My Mind, Everyday that I wake up and my mind and thoughts are still intact and I can remember my yesterdays while looking forward to my tomorrows I am so very grateful for that.
  • Love, the possibility that its out there even if it hasn't happened to me, when I see that it happens to others and touches their lives you can't help but smile and have hope for yourself
  • Music, the soundtrack to my life I have heard some amazing music in my time, music that inspires me and changes me and gives me such awesomeness when I hear it, thanks to the creative people that make it
  • Art, anything that is beautiful to me is art, period. 
  • Fashion and style, I love shopping, I love the art of clothes, I love how finally people are waking up to the fact that even though you aren't a size 0 you still want to look and feel stylish, that is awesome keep it up all the ladies that are pushing daily for the phatshionista's I appreciate you guys your are doing such a kick ass job
  • Freedom, Freedom is subjective and its not really free but in this country you can say what you wish, do what you wish, without fearing that someone will come and kick in your door and spirit you away into the darkness
  • Senses, I appreciate that I still have all my senses intact and they help me experience this life on a daily basis. How awesome is it that I can Hear the words I love you, feel the hugs and kisses of loved ones, and smell the scent of fresh air and fresh baked goods, see the beauty in the world, pure awesomeness.
  • Black and Proud, it took a long time for black folks to be recognized in this country it was just 50 years ago that Jim Crow laws were done away with, but let us not rest on our past that's the problem with us today we have climbed some mountains, and walked over some molehills but we still haven't gotten to where we need to be, we are stagnate and have a sense of complacent ease but we still need to push for excellence within our communities and within our families we are an amazing people. We have overcome so much but there is still more to strive for, we may have more blacks folks with wealth but so much more without.
  • Being a woman, I get to wear lipglass, skirts, high heels, dresses, and sexy underclothes, I get to bring forth life, nurture life and family, love freely and cheerfully, I get to suckle a child at my bosom, I get to kick in any door that is closed before me, I get to be included in the awesomeness of being part of what only another woman can understand and share in, I get to cry freely and rejoice freely without being demeaned for it, I get to have passion and express that freely, and I get to look fierce in the face of adversities without even breaking down because "this ain't nothing new just another challenge to get through". I can love smarter, I can love without complications, and I can love from a distance without compromising myself, and I get to be as complex as I want to be without needing to give you an explanation as to why. I get to stand strong and tall and protect those I love and I get to give my life lessons to the young women behind me so that they will not make my same mistakes but learn from them and avoid them hopefully.
  • Creativity, I love the fact that my creativity is boundless and limitless, I can always find something to create, or do, I am always seeking ways to express myself and share myself withouts through my creativity after all isn't that what creativity is for?
  • Sense, by now if you're an adult you should know sense is not common some folks just can't think, or they just don't know better and won't learn from their mistakes, because they don't have the sense or really don't care to change
  • Life experiences, I have come so far and learned so much during my years from 18 to 32 to I learned so many life lessons, I have stumbled so many times, and fallen down more often than I have wanted too but those are what we call growing pains. Without them I would still be naive and without the sense to know better.
  • Passion, Someone once asked me what mines was and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, but then I realized that whenever I do something anything I do it 100% I give my all I don't have a passion for just one thing I have a passion for EVERYTHING I do how many can say that?
  • Words, without being able to express myself I would go crazy, the pleasure of turning a clever phrase, or putting pen to paper to write poetry, or even typing out a story or post I love that, I love having a voice even if no one ever reads what I write I still would write because this is what I love to do most.
  • Awesomeness, I just realized that I am so awesome I don't need permission to feel that way about myself, and I don't need anyone else to validate how I feel about myself, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I one kick ass chick! You don't have to think it I already know it.
I don't know if this list will get any longer it might, so I might add onto it from time to time but for now this is a great start so what's on your grateful list?